Monday, October 02, 2006


Adrian and I both had an exhausting work week this week so were really looking forward to a quiet weekend but when does that happen with toddlers!

Adrian took the boys for their Saturday morning coffee at Fidels before we headed off to their friend Ben's second birthday party where the house was overun with two year olds and tired looking parents took their sugar loaded children home for naps. In the afternoon it was raining and miserable but we had been given a late birthday present for the boys the day before of some playdoh that comes with animal parts which was a great distraction for the boys and Adrian (I think more Adrian actually).

Sunday morning the boys and I made a banana cake ready for a visit from Uncle Chris and Aunty Sue in the afternoon. We spent the morning in town, doing a few bits and peices and the boys had a visit to daddy's work with their bikes (pic top). Adrian then attempted to finish nailing in the last of the floor boards with two little helpers handing him one nail and throwing two down the hole. We had hatched a plan with Chris and Sue who had gone to the Home and Garden show in the morning and then they came to watch the boys so we could go in the afternoon (hence cake...). Adrian and I felt really odd being out in the middle of the day with no children but had a good time at the show before coming home to find the boys, Chris and Sue tucking into cake and having a great time. They told me that night that they "love Uncle Chris and Aunty Sue". The weather was miserable again so we didn't do much in the afternoon so it was a reasonably relaxing weekend.

The boys are having great fun playing together really well at the moment and I can hear them being Adrian and I often in their games, "have you got your phone and wallet?" they ask or "I've got my lunch, now where's my keys" a classic this week was Jack pretending to put Tom into bed and reading him a story then saying "now snuggle in Tom".

They are love singing at the moment too and will be halfway through a song and say "mummy what's the last bit again". Tom sang me a lovely song the other day about a naughty monkey in the trees and when I told him it was a nice song he said "no mummy it's a great song". I'm not sure about their musical taste though, Jack was sitting in the backseat this week and Led Zeplin was playing on the radio, he asked "what's that music mummy", "Led Zeplin" I replied. "I like Led Zeplin Mummy" (I had to ring uncle Chris and tell him that!)....I can see the mullet and black t-shirt ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home