Sunday, September 24, 2006

"PLANES, DRAINS AND FLIGHT DELAYS..."

Bit of a week this one!! it was a quiet start to the week when Friday afternoon the boys and I were in the garden and noticed a strange smell and something coming out of a drain close to the side of the house........ominous..... after some investigation it turned out to be waste...yes the sewage coming out and running down the path. I rang the council who arrived in (I'm not joking) 10 minutes to check it out, they were so helpful and put dye in the main sewage lines in the street and checked everything out thoroughly but found that the problem was our drain not theirs (unfrotunately) after trying to clear it for us with their equipment free of charge (I smiled so nicely at them) we had to call an emergency plumber with a special machine...we are now bankrupt but have working plumbing again.....

Saturday was a real treat for me, I found out my girlfirend Lisa from Australia was having a flying visit into NZ in Nelson (top of the south island) and would be staying with another friend Karen for the weekend so plan was hatched and executed and I jumped on a plane on Saturday afternoon to have a fantastic girlie, drink too much, stay up to 2:00am!!!! evening on Sat night. It was brilliant, we talked and laughed loudly all night - luckily Karen lives in the countryside on a beautiful farmlet so no-one could hear us but the pigs and chickens!

Meanwhile the boys had a great evening with Daddy who made them smiley faced Pizza's which they loved - see pic. Sunday morning he took them off on their own advernture up to a friends nursey and farm an hour out of Wellington. They had a brilliant time running around and feeding the chickens and generally running havoc. Adrian arrived to pick me up at the airport with the boys on Sunday afternoon and I didn't arrive as they had cancelled my plane...nightmare so I had to wait for 3 hours (not so bad for me with girlfirends to talk to and coffees at the airport) but there's only so much you can do at the airport with two toddlers after having lunch, looking at luggage racks go around and riding on the trolleys so they were all very pleased to see me when I finally arrived very green after the most bumpy horrible flight I've ever had!

I had a wonderful time thanks Karen and Lisa although I don't think I'll ever drink again!

Cute story for this week, while driving around I turned Tom in the back and asked "do you have poos in your nappy?" He thought seriously for a moment and replied "I do have something in my nappy"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home